QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 399|回复: 0

Back from India

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-4-5 16:07 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

作者:kean

原文地址:http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2011/04/back-from-india.html

I’m back in Switzerland after an incredible week in India. Much of the week was spent in internal meetings – 1-on-1 discussions with members of the DevTech team in Bangalore, as well as a full day of team meetings – but I also had the chance to unwind and enjoy a truly historic event,  India’s first Cricket World Cup win in 28 years. I’d only extended my trip by a day as the flight was twice as expensive without the Saturday night stay… and for India to then get so far in the competition and win in such style was just fantastic.

I don’t know what portion of the Indian population follows cricket, but Indian friends tell me they’d expect upwards of 95% of the population to have watched Saturday’s match (of a population of 1.2 billion… mind-boggling numbers).  Close to 17% of the world’s population watching a sporting event, and passionately, too… I remember seeing a placard at Wednesday’s semi-final saying “India has two religions: cricket and cinema.” There’s honestly something to that.

I did grow up in a cricketing nation – I played the odd match as a child and understand most of the rules – but tend not to watch much sport, in general (between work and family I don’t feel as though I have that much spare time and so generally prefer to play sport rather than watch it). Even so, I was riveted to the screen during both the second half of India’s victory over Pakistan in Wednesday’s semi-final and then the full final against Sri Lanka on Saturday. I watched both matches at friends’ apartments – I have some good friends in Bangalore from living there from 2003-2005 – which made the experience all the more special.

Congratulations, India! :-)

I’ll be attending to Microsoft's TechDays 2011 event in Geneva for the next few days, so unless I manage to write something on the train (which isn’t completely unlikely), I’ll be posting again at the end of the week.

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

x
"觉得好,就打赏"
还没有人打赏,支持一下

小黑屋|手机版|CAD论坛|CAD教程|CAD下载|联系我们|关于明经|明经通道 ( 粤ICP备05003914号 )  
©2000-2023 明经通道 版权所有 本站代码,在未取得本站及作者授权的情况下,不得用于商业用途

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 14:09 , Processed in 0.208563 second(s), 31 queries , Gzip On.