QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 544|回复: 0

Connecting AutoCAD WS to SharePoint & a live Facecast

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-5-29 13:47 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

作者:kean

原文地址:http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2011/05/connecting-autocad-ws-to-sharepoint-a-live-facecast.html

It’s been a while since I’ve talked about AutoCAD WS, even though the application is proving hugely popular on its various platforms: whether inside a web browser or on iOS and Android devices.

There have been some really interesting capabilities exposed, lately, which are making it increasingly interesting to the development community. One, in particular, that I’d like to talk about today is the ability for AutoCAD WS to connect to sites supporting the  WebDAV protocol. I’ve used WebDAV a number of times, over the years, mainly with ProjectPoint and SharePoint. It’s certainly possible to set up your own WebDAV server (thanks to Gopinath Taget for the link), and then connect it to AutoCAD WS, but I’m going to focus on the simple steps needed to link AutoCAD WS with an existing SharePoint site.

Firstly, though, let’s discuss the idea behind this capability. You can now store your DWG files in a central repository – albeit one that is in some way accessible via  secure HTTP over the web – and AutoCAD WS can then open the DWGs directly from it. In the past I’ve used SharePoint behind our corporate firewall, but as it is now hosted elsewhere it’s really simple to set up AutoCAD WS to work with it.

Once you’ve logged into AutoCAD WS you need to select “Drawings” in the left-sash and then the “Connect” button at the top:

Then it’s simply a matter of entering the access information for your SharePoint site (I used spaces in my URL rather than %20 characters):

And with any luck it should just work:

Now you should have your SharePoint site accessible, just like any other folder you have inside AutoCAD WS:

On a related note, there’s an AutoCAD WS Facecast taking place at 9am Pacific time today (Thursday May 26th, 2011), for those of you lucky enough to be reading this in time. For more information on the agenda – and the chance to win a T-shirt – see this blog post.

For your convenience, you can view the Facecast directly below, without needing to log in via Facebook:

Watch live streaming video from autocad at livestream.com

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

x
"觉得好,就打赏"
还没有人打赏,支持一下

小黑屋|手机版|CAD论坛|CAD教程|CAD下载|联系我们|关于明经|明经通道 ( 粤ICP备05003914号 )  
©2000-2023 明经通道 版权所有 本站代码,在未取得本站及作者授权的情况下,不得用于商业用途

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 07:21 , Processed in 0.316602 second(s), 31 queries , Gzip On.