QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 574|回复: 0

In China

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-6-8 15:41 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
作者:kean
原文地址:http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2011/06/in-china.html

I’m currently in Shanghai for an internal technical conference, which I’m really looking forward to. There are loads of very interesting, deeply technical sessions on the 2-day agenda. I travelled via Beijing, to spend some time with the DevTech China team, yesterday, and will fly back there on Thursday evening to spend time with them on Friday, too. (Monday was a holiday in China – the
Dragon Boat Festival – which meant I have to do a lot of flying around to get a couple of days this week in both places.)
There seems to be a storm cloud traveling around high over my head, at the moment. On the way out from Switzerland, a storm over Frankfurt stopped by my flight from Geneva from taking off, just long enough for me to miss my connection onto Beijing. I managed to get a later flight out with Air China (rather than the original with Lufthansa), which stretched the door-to-door time to about 20 hours, but at least I got there more-or-less on time. Flying to Shanghai, last night, I left the office to avoid the rush hour traffic and ended up getting to the airport 3 hours early for my 8pm flight. They managed to get me on the 6pm, instead, but a local storm had us sat on the runway until 8:30pm, anyway. The consolation being the 8pm flight would have been delayed, too, and I did end up talking at great length to a very interesting American who turned out to be distantly related to Ernest Hemingway.
As the allegedly Chinese curse goes,
may you live in interesting times. :-)
"觉得好,就打赏"
还没有人打赏,支持一下

小黑屋|手机版|CAD论坛|CAD教程|CAD下载|联系我们|关于明经|明经通道 ( 粤ICP备05003914号 )  
©2000-2023 明经通道 版权所有 本站代码,在未取得本站及作者授权的情况下,不得用于商业用途

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 12:20 , Processed in 0.160903 second(s), 31 queries , Gzip On.