QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 532|回复: 0

Recovering from Autodesk’s European Football Tournament 2011

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-7-7 17:17 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
作者:kean
原文地址:http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2011/07/recovering-from-autodesks-european-football-tournament-2011.html

I arrived back home on Sunday afternoon from a really fun event: Autodesk Europe’s annual 7-a-side football (i.e. soccer) tournament. This year it was held in Verona, Italy, which was a comfortable 5-6 hour drive from my home near Neuchâtel. This year I played for a team made up of employees from Autodesk’s Global Services (to which ADN belongs) and Worldwide Marketing teams (two teams ended up being combined as both were a little short on players).
Here’s the pre-tournament team photo:
The players (from left-to-right and back-to-front):
Kean Walmsley, Jason Summerfield, Jeremy Tammik, Fenton Webb, Gary Wassell, Marat Mirgaleev, Patrick Vanotti, Nadir Cinar, John Losito, Adam Nagy, Alex Mera & Miroslav Schonauer.
Many of you will recognise members of the DevTech team: me, Jeremy, Fents, Gary, Marat & Adam (and formerly Miro, too).
While all of us tried to train regularly in advance of the tournament, we hadn’t all played together before the day itself, which did put us at a disadvantage when playing against teams who were co-located. But playing with so many close colleagues from around the world makes for a lot of fun, irrespective of the result.
We played three “qualifying” games in the morning (although as there were only 8 teams in the competition and we were playing quarter-finals, this was really about ranking the teams: the better a team did in the morning, the “easier” their quarter-final opponent would be, at least in theory) of 12 minutes each way. Our group was arguably the toughest, as we had last year’s champions (the UK), as well as a very strong visiting PSEB (Platform Solutions and Emerging Business) team. At the end of the morning session, we were placed 3rd in the group, having lost to PSEB and the UK, but won against Germany.
In the afternoon, we beat Italy during our quarter-final and went on to get knocked out by Neuchâtel (the team I train with and who I’m delighted went on to win the tournament) in the semi-finals. Both matches were 15 minutes each way, after which we had a penalty shoot-out with PSEB to decide 3rd place (they were clearly the better team – having beaten us earlier in the day – but we did manage to win on penalties).
So after 132 minutes of very tough – but very fun – football, the GS-M team won the 3rd-place trophy.
Congratulations to all involved, and especially to the well-deserved 1st- and 2nd-placed teams, Neuchâtel and the UK.

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

x
"觉得好,就打赏"
还没有人打赏,支持一下

小黑屋|手机版|CAD论坛|CAD教程|CAD下载|联系我们|关于明经|明经通道 ( 粤ICP备05003914号 )  
©2000-2023 明经通道 版权所有 本站代码,在未取得本站及作者授权的情况下,不得用于商业用途

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 13:00 , Processed in 0.457681 second(s), 31 queries , Gzip On.